5.20.2010

let's talk paper

Paper is oh so important in letterpress. A coworker recently showed me a wedding invitation he received that was letterpressed and it was printed on some plain old cardstock. If you are going to spend the money on letterpress you should definitely make sure the paper is worth spending money on. Unless you prefer cardstock and to that I say, to each their own. There are many 100% cotton papers out there that were engineered specifically for letterpress because it takes the impression so well. Plus, you get the added bonus of giving recipients of your beautiful stationery, business cards, or wedding invitations a sensory explosion and them being left thinking “wow, this person really sourced out the best for little old me!” I just ordered some samples of this Holyoke paper (gotta love the cool packaging!) and I am in love. It’s 140 pound paper and I typically print on 110 pound. Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment